Saturday, February 16, 2013

adventure time.

I'm not going to pretend that I either know or have seen very much Adventure Time at all. I only heard about it about a month ago (where have I been?); since then, however, I can't stop noticing how often people mention it, and for good reason. For those unfamiliar, Adventure Time is a cartoon children's show that stars Jake the Dog and Finn the Human and follows their various, you know, adventures. It has such a great combination of surrealistic visuals and grounded emotions, which has lead a large percentage of the fanbase to be adults. PBS's IdeaChannel has taken on this phenomenon:



It's an interesting look at nostalgia and how it is not only an emotion, but can also be a motivation for action (even if that action is just watching a television show).

If you are looking for a way to waste more time on the interwebs, I highly recommend watching more of the IdeaChannel's videos, as they provide some good perspective on a lot of internet and nerd culture. Also, so many AD references.

No comments:

Post a Comment