Saturday, February 26, 2011

aston.

So Aston is this group of Australian musicians who have recently or are just about to graduate from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, and they are awesome. They do classical covers of pop songs that are so creative and inspiring it makes me wish I didn't quit my piano lessons. (But not enough for me to start again. Definitely not that much.) It is also really cool to see how much work went into something that was initially just a side project and grew into something more. It makes me reconsider that bubble wrap project...

Anyways, I struggled a little to decide exactly which song I wanted to post here. The arrangement and video for "Viva La Vida" are beautiful, but it seems like too obvious of a song choice for a classical cover band. And then I thought that maybe I would do "Only Girl (In The World)" because it also quite lovely. But I have decided on "Rude Boy" because it is such an unexpected song choice and Aston's version is actually rousing for classical music. (Not that there is anything wrong with classical music at all, it can just be a little stodgy at times.)



No comments:

Post a Comment