Thursday, January 6, 2011

new official obsession: red hair.

Confession: My obsession for red hair isn't really new. In fact it has been going on for a long time. I'm not quite sure when it started but it probably had something to do with the fact that I was constantly watching the Little Mermaid tv show as a kid. And Ariel had the best hair ever. From then on I have always felt an affinity for the hair color, even though I was too chicken to dye my own hair red.

Also, some really awesome people have red hair.

Like Grace Coddington. Uh, just look at that hair. It is gravity defying and gorgeously red. And although this picture is so ridiculously 70s, check the sparkly off the shoulder top, Coddington really reminds me of Mia Farrow from The Great Gatsby. Which is a high compliment of course.



You know I was trying to find a picture of her full on because her style is so fantastic and I wanted to show the whole package, but I just loved this one too much. Taylor Tomasi you have stolen my heart with your absolutely gorgeous shiny hair and you effortless chicness. And you have an awesome job (Accessories Director at Marie Claire). Some just walk in the light I guess. And I simply could not resist putting that second photo in there. I love the Keds on the back of the chair, ready to be danced in.

And, finally, Florence Welch. Red hair and full bangs? A girl after my own heart. And how cool does she look here (at the V Festival)? And she's fucking British. And she's in a rather great band. I mean come on.

Honorable mentions: Karen Gillan, Emma Stone, Christina Hendricks, Titian's women, and Kate Walsh (Addy!).

I also wanted to give a shout out to one of my favorite bloggers that happens to be a red head, Rebecca, The Clothes Horse. Her blog is one of the first ones I started to consistently read and it has really sparked my interest in so many things. Check it out here.

Well. I've decided. New year, new color. I am ready for change. At least I hope so. And henna sounds like a good way to do it. So here we go. The deed won't happen until I go back to school but it will happen. I'll keep you updated!




and now...

Follow my blog with bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment