Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year!

So. It's 2011. Which is kinda crazy. I mean, what?! I feel like not that long ago it was 2000. You know, the good old days when Carson Daly would do the countdown to the ball dropping. None of this Snooki in a hamster ball business (which I have no idea if that happened or not I just heard something along a similar track, and was like no).

Anyways, enough reminiscing.

My night was good. Very chill. I feel like it is hard to have fun on New Year's Eve because there are such high expectations ingrained in us. You probably don't have an awesome NYE that you have to live up to but you feel like you do. Which sucks. But one way to combat it is to go super lazy, like me.

I spent the night at my friend Mary's house. We hung out and made mexican food, because, you know, we wanted to do the traditional NYE meal...or we just love mexican food.


...yeah we made a ton of guacamole. Which was pretty good. Except it had a little too much lime juice. And parsley. And while I was cutting the peppers my fingers decided to freak out and start burning. I suspect my new guitar playing is the cause, but really, ouch.


We also made salsa. Which I would have preferred a bit spicier, but that's okay. It was remarkably fresh, which you don't realize how much you miss until you make your own salsa. We proceeded to make awesome quesadillas and, randomly enough, chocolate mousse.

The after-dinner entertainment consisted of It's Complicated and The Office. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with John Krasinski/Jim Halpert. Seriously. And then we watched the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice, which I've seen so many times but always strikes me as completely gorgeous.

Our friend Rachel came over about half-way through the night to make it three.


I decided to go all festive and pink for my accessories. That's right. My nails are pink and sparkly. Go big or go home. And that thing I'm holding in my fingers is a flying pig earring. My mom got them for me for my birthday and they are absolutely amazing.

Overall it was a great night and I'm so happy I just stayed in and hung out. Hope your NYE was a blast and here's to a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment