Wednesday, January 12, 2011

sympathy for the devil.

Wow, I feel like I haven't done this in ages, though it has only been a couple of days. To be fair I have traveled to a different state, climate, and seemingly, season. I am now on my last leg of this journey, livin' it up in Miami. Not really. But I am in Miami visiting my fellow Wellesley woman Nathalie. And it is awesome. It feels like a strange mix of summer and school.

We went to the beach yesterday (The beach! In January!) and tanned. Well, tanned would be the wrong word. More like sat out in the sun, sweating, trying to get a little color while not looking like a lobster. Mission kind of accomplished. It is a good thing we did that the first day though because we have spent the second half of yesterday and the better half of today sitting on the couch watching Dexter. Which is so good. Seriously that show is quickly becoming one of my favorites, though it doesn't help with my sleep patterns. Also Netflix instawatch only goes until season 2 so I could be going through some serious withdrawl soon. Watch out.

One thing I really love about the show, besides the fact that I am watching it in the dark in Miami (sarcasm), is that it is so morally ambiguous. You totally want Dexter to be good, but is what he is doing good? Is it the best alternative? What does it mean about us that we are sympathizing with him. Oh god I'm turning into my brother. Or worse, my dad. But this stuff is really interesting, pretentious postulating or not.

Anyways, that's it for me tonight. Off to sleep (I hope)!

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment