Monday, April 4, 2011

too tempting.

Hahaha get it? Get it? Yeah, let's just move on...

I was doing the listening for my music homework and we had to listen to "My Girl" by The Temptations. Now I have nothing against this song, in fact when I was about nine I bought an entire Motown cd just so I could have that one song, but I really wish that "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" had been the song used to illustrate the style of The Temptations. My book describes "My Girl" as a "teenage symphony" which I think is apt, but overall I think The Temptations had much more soul. I don't know though, maybe it's just me.

http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/Tempts.jpg

But really, they were pretty smooth. 

Just check out this video. David Ruffin is like a Motown version of Buddy Holly. What could be better? (Let's just ignore the alleged attitude and drug use shall we.)

No comments:

Post a Comment